Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday -- late edition

A friend of mine is one of the founders of this project (The Empty Vessel) and I am so endlessly impressed. She is a major project-accomplisher -- so hopefully we can collaborate on something in the near future.
A Ship of Freethinkers, Hemmed in by Landlords [nytimes]

ugh. There is just too much wrong here -- I don't have the patience to ellaborate ... but I encourage you to click through the reference links.
Hipster real estate coaching [curbed]

Excellent op-ed by frank rich on Barack Obama. Times Select. sorry.
Obama Is Not a Miracle Elixir [nytimes]

And also, David Brooks on Obama yesterday, replacing his usual blustering douchebaggery with some sensible thoughts on why he should run. (Also Times Select)
Run, Barack, Run [nytimes]

Some random technology pron, this new camera uses lllaaserrz to take 3D pictures. I'm impressed.
3D Video Camera [the other full metal blog]
(sorry James, I found it googling for your's)

This is what I was googling for ... James chiming in on the "ghetto latte" phenom:
The Ethics of Lattes [full metal blog]
I find moralistic debates against this to be totally absurd. What I am earnestly concerned about though is how this will affect the whole "currency of lattes" concept that has found its way into funraising attempts everywhere. I'm sure you've heard it before: "For the price of just X lattes per <time period>, you can ...." save an orphan in africa? help get a senator elected? switch from traditional to solar power? not any more. These ghetto lattes may change the way people pull at our society's purse strings.

No comments: